A Guide to the Best Kebabs from Taziki’s
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Cutting board, knife, mixing bowl, whisk, measuring cups, measuring spoons, 4-inch wooden skewers, sealable storage bag or container
2 pounds beef sirloin (or chicken)
For the marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Unsalted butter, melted
1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk marinade ingredients together.
3. Add beef to marinade. Mix until beef is coated.
4. Place beef in sealable container or bag.
5. Place container or bag in refrigerator. Marinate for 2 hours.
6. Soak wooden skewers in a container of water for 15 minutes.
7. Place 3 pieces of beef on skewer. Allow some space between each piece of meat on the stick.
8. Top kebabs with a light drizzling of olive oil and lemon juice.
9. Cook on grill or stovetop for 6-8 minutes until cooked, flipping halfway.
10. Remove kebabs from grill. Top with melted butter.
11. Serve kebabs with your favorite healthy sides. Enjoy!